|To apply please send your resume to email@example.com.
The Islamic Community Center of Tempe (ICC) is seeking an Operations Director.
The Operations Director will be responsible for overseeing data entry, accounts payable, payroll, managing the organizations HR, helping and creating organizational and program budgets in collaboration with other ICC staff and ICC board members, and other misc. tasks.
Reporting to the ICC Board of Directors, this is a senior position whose primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the ICC’s financial and operational functions.
Working with ICC board and staff, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. This position will also interact with the Board of Directors.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission — specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and program functions.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
- Management of ICC’s budget in coordination with the Executive Director and or Finance Director.
- Payroll management, including tabulation of accrued employee benefits.
- Disbursement of checks for ICC expenses.
- Organization of fiscal documents.
- Organization of operational documents.
- Regular meetings with Executive Director and/or the Board of Directors around fiscal planning.
- Supervise and coach subordinate on a weekly basis.
Responsibilities by Function
- Direct annual budgeting and planning process for ICC’s annual budget with the ED and/or BOD.
- Develop and manage annual budget
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of ICC’s financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
- Managing day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable using QuickBooks, producing reports as requested.
- Reconciling monthly activity, generating year-end reports, and fulfilling tax related requirements.
- Assisting Executive Director and Board in creating annual organizational budget and monitoring cash flow.
- Maintaining ICC’s archival and administrative files.
- Administering payroll and employee benefits and organizational insurance.
- Ensure that Accounting Department requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
- Develop long-range forecasts and maintain long-range financial plans.
- Develop, maintain and monitor all fundraising and accounting systems and procedures capturing all pledges, billings and receipts and for the recording of all revenue transactions, recommend and implement improvements to systems.
- Prepare annual audit and be a liaison with all outside vendor.
- Manager and maintain contracts with vendors, tenants, and other contractual agreements with other organizations.
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of ICC operations through improvements to each function (HR, IT, Finance) as well as coordination and communication between functions.
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of ICC’s management team
- Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues e.g. copyright, antitrust, governing instruments, partnerships, licensing etc.
- Oversee organizational insurance policies.